Sunday, March 21, 2010

Strength

When diagnosed with bipolar I was speechless. I prayed about it and one sripture came to mind "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2Corinthians) I did go through the why questions "Why do I hear voices/hallucinations?,Why am I depressed?, Why can't I be the happy, energenic person I was before?

Now I have accepted the illness and ready to share my story by blogging. I never thought I would meet such wonderful people here when I started writing about it.  Thank you again for all your gracious comments. I go back and read them when depression kicks in.

I can remeber my third time in the Psychiatric Hospital, thinking how awkward I felt being an the other side. I used to teach children with mental illness, special needs, austim and other emotional disorders as well. I tried to act happy, coherant, intelligent in front of the staff. I always felt I had to tell them my work history.

One of the therapist gave me a list of famous people and other professions that had the diagnosis of bipolar. I felt at ease. "Its okay that I have bipolar" I said to myself.
Hugs to all and prayers



©2010M.M.

2 comments:

  1. I also believe that doing a blog helps you get through it, it's helped me. In your profile you say, "I am me first before the disorder". That is such a powerful statement. A statement which we should all use for ourselves. Keep the blog going it's inspirational.Hugs. Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be difficult to embrace sometimes, but it is wonderful when you can. Accepting and loving every part about yourself is a wonderful gift. Thank you for your blog and sharing your story. I know you have helped me. Peace.

    ReplyDelete