Monday, February 8, 2010

Hospital Time Continuation

Continuation Of Hospital Time:(April 2007)

If you are just reading this, I have written several other blogs that talk about my experiences when receiving the diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder.

I did not know what was happening to me. I was hearing voices in my head that no one could hear. I began to visually hallucinate (seeing things that are not there) and tactile hallucinate (feeling weird sensations on my body that should not be there).

I felt sane being in that psychiatric ward. The patients in there could relate to what I was feeling. I felt at ease and happy. They understood me. I was in the hospital for a week. I went back 3 times to the same hospital due to medication changes.

I will be honest though, there were times, were I wanted out of that hospital and wanted to be home. I felt as if I was in a bad dream and I would just wake up and all of this would be gone.

Before I became ill and was diagnosed with Bipolar I had my own business as a Behavior Therapist. I was a specialized teacher. I taught children diagnosed with Autism and children with special needs. I also taught the parents the laws when their child would transition into the school system.

I was a Behavior Therapist for over twelve years and I also have a degree in communication disorders. I do miss it at times. I have not worked in almost three years, however, I am determined to go back to school for another degree.

The greatest happiness of my life is that I am loved by the Lord Jesus and can fellowship with him everyday (Andrew Murray)

God is definitely my strength but my husband was also my strength and pushed me to never give up. I believe God sends you people in your life that help you with your struggles.


© 2010-M.M.

1 comment: