Saturday, February 20, 2010

Life before Bipolar

I have read through many books that you are born with bipolar disorder and a traumatic episode will trigger it. I believe the death of my grandmother triggered the disorder. I have had a life before the bipolar arose into this life. I have a BS in Communication disorders/audiology. I have taught children with special needs for over 12 years.

I have worked in schools, residential homes for the deaf, home-based settings and had my own business. I always had two jobs, fundraising for children, ran the Boston marathon for children diagnosed with cancer. I also ran other races as well. I mountain biked, and played floor hockey.

You must be saying "why can't she do this now" well at the time we had to find the right medication and it takes days, weeks, months and sometimes years. My energy was gone.

Two and a half years later(2007) I was diagnosed with Bipolar. My job, running/exercising, and driving was placed on hold.

The toughest decision I had to make was to apply for disabilty at age 34. However, we needed the money for doctor visists, and medication. I was now home every day.

Sometimes, to be honest, I will go through a pity party, but I believe God is molding me into a new and improve me. Thank you for taking the time in reading my blog. My story will continue.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

© 2010-M.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment