Thursday, February 4, 2010

Today

My parakeet is very sick. I bought him in 2007 and at that time I was very depressed. At times I could not even get out of bed. BoBo (parakeet) gave me a purpose to get OUT of bed. I had to clean his cage, train him, feed him and spend hours just talking to him.

They say boy parakeets talk. Well, mine never talked, but he learned his named and his cute little noises were ways of him communicating to me. I took him to the vet and they don't think he will make it throughout the week. A friend told me "sometimes God places people or animals in your life for a reason and when their purpose is done God takes them back".

I would just sit and watch him play with his toys in his cage or while on his play gym which would make me smile. I believe strongly if you are ill get a pet and they will definitely lift your spirits.

Love leads me to prayer. (Andrew Murray)

No comments:

Post a Comment